<$BlogRSDURL$>

  Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Full use of PokerTracker ...

It seems to me that if having a lot of hands to judge the play of your opponents is an asset, then having a shitload of hands to judge their play is even better.

Can PokerTracker work with two or more databases simultaneously? I'm particularly interested in loading them all and using the combined database to export notes on players' play back out into PartyPoker. Does this work? Will PokerTracker get confused if the same hand is in more than one database?

It seems to me that ideally, we'd have a poker-blogger FTP site where we can put up our latest databases. But my own database runs to almost 100MB with 10,000 ring-game hands and 7,000 tournament hands; I assume others' databases are larger yet. I don't have access to anywhere near that much storage or bandwidth unless I pay for it. Do any of our fellow bloggers who are computer geeks in the real world have access to that much space?

I'm a bit torn, though. On the one hand, I'd like a lot of people to be uploading to the site. On the other hand, I wouldn't want a lot of people downloading from the site. Maybe we'd give out the password to anyone who uploads a database with more than 5,000 or 10,000 hands in it.

I like the project but I can't make it happen. Anyone?