<$BlogRSDURL$>

  Thursday, February 12, 2004

Well, I've had my first bad day. Actually, it seems to be a bad couple of days, but after my run last week I can afford a couple.

I think the moral of the story is that I should change tables more often.

In any case, after I put up the $250 yesterday morning, I went about my day, including an evening out. Unfortunately, I decided to play after I got home last night. I don't think my attention was entirely focused on the game (I'd been drinking), but I gave back everything I'd made that morning. I followed that up with another poor session this morning (another $250).

Right now, I'm trying out the advice of those who point out the pleasures of the $25 and $50 no-limit games on PartyPoker, by sitting a $50 game. NL isn't my game, truly, I haven't put nearly as much time into it as I have into limit, but I'm doing OK. Not great; I've had to make some tough laydowns, but OK. Right now I'm down about $10, which isn't even playing a single pot at $5/$10, so it's OK.

I think in the morning I'll go back to my usual, though; hopefully the tables treat me a bit better.